Feb 19, 2010

Tombstone Art Association Quilt Show

I’m trying to get this done, (and will) if Ray quits bugging me.

Today we stopped in Tombstone to see the Quilt Show on our way home from Bisbee ( the long way home :) ).  This show is every Feb. and runs through the month.   This is their  28th show and quilters from all around SE AZ. enter their quilts.  I’m not comfortable writing so here are a lot of photos of some of the beautiful quilts at the show.  Most of the pictures I took are of hand quilted quilts.  There were also many wonderful machine quilted quilts.

baskets Beautiful Best hand quilting
Blocks or Stars desert diamonds, flowers and leaves
map Southwest Red , white and blue
never thought I would like orange These boots are made for walkin dolls and daisies

Well if you like quilts, you don’t mind all the pictures.

daisies and dolls Crazy quilt in velvet silk and satin humming bird Love the colors
sunny days spider and web red and black just like grandma's
Kachina scotty scotty trim very southwest
people's choice Tombstone yellow 6 point star Rings tulips and vines
  I wish I had taken the time to write down all the names, but Ray ( with his feet hurting) was nice enough to go out of our way home just for me, so  I ooed an ahed  and took lots of photographs.Tombstone Raffle

This is the Tombstone raffle quilt.  It is all hand quilted! 

A  flyer was given to me with the following,

Humming Bird Stitchers,  show is Feb. 27th 9-5 ,                Feb 28th 9-3 at Buena High School, Sierra Vista AZ.

Double Adobe Quilters, show is March 6th 9-4  at the Old Double Adobe school, 7081 N Central Hwy. Double Adobe AZ.

Well I had a wonderful day.

Have a good night !

3 comments:

  1. Great job with the photos Jean and beautiful quilts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! We don't do quilting, but we can appreciate beautiful quilts, so thanks for showing us this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my cousin from bisbee sent me the link and I must get to her house when this show is on beautiful quilts from an addicted hand quilter from ontario canada arlene

    ReplyDelete